The World Famous Elvis Festival Collingwood
Just in case you’ve never heard of the Elvis Festival Collingwood, it is considered the largest Elvis festival of its type in the world and it is officially sanctioned by Elvis Presley Enterprises.
Held annually in Collingwood since 1994, the Festival attracts contestants and fans from around the world. It brings over 25,000 visitors to the area each year for the four-day event.
To give you a taste of what the Elvis Festival Collingwood is all about, here are just a few of fun facts about Festivals past & present.
6 Fun Facts About the Elvis Festival Collingwood
- There are Lots of Winners – The Collingwood Elvis Festival is so large, winners are chosen in Youth, Professional and Non-Professional categories. In each category, Elvis impersonators who specialize in his ‘Early Years’ and ‘Concert Years’.
The winner of the Professional Concert Years category is considered the Grand Champion. That Champion then represents the Collingwood Elvis Festival at the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest, held annually in Memphis, Tennessee.
- $20,000 US – The prize money collected by 2017 Collingwood Elvis Festival Grand Champion, Gordon Hendricks. He also won the the 2017 Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist competition in Memphis!
- 52 – The number of Festival events you’d have to attend over 4 days if you wanted to see them all. Except you’d need to clone yourself because many of the events happen simultaneously.
- Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and U.S.A. – The home country of previous winners of the Elvis Festival Collingwood.
- 2014 – The 20th Anniversary of the Festival and also the year Elvis’ wife, Priscilla Presley, dropped in. Other famous attendees at past Festivals include Joe Esposito, Elvis’ Road Manager and Best Man; D.J. Fontana, Elvis’s drummer in his early years; and Sue Ann Langdon, who co-starred with Elvis in the movie ‘Roustabout’.
- Thursday, July 26th to Sunday, July 29th – The dates for the 2018 Collingwood Elvis Festival.
If you would like to learn more about the Elvis Festival Collingwood, or find out about the deluxe chalet accommodations we offer for large groups, Contact Us at Stay at Blue Mountain.